Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

My Most Anticipated Movies of 2012 Part One



With 2012 underway I thought it best to have a look at what to expect from the movie people this year and I was not disappointed at all. 2011 was a big year for great movies and it looks like 2012 won't be any different. Here is Part One of my list of the 10 films coming out this year that I am most excited about.



10. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
I think the title says it all really, but I'd better explain a bit more. The film is based on the book by the same name, written by  Seth Grahame-Smith and follows the sixteenth president of the United States in his secret life as a vampire hunter (hell yeah!). I haven't read the book but it seems to have been given positive reviews. Of course the books success doesn't mean the film will be any good, but it is being co-produced by Tim Burton and directed by Timur Bekmambetov (who directed Wanted and who also happens to have the same birthday as me) so I have high hopes for this one.

Release: June 22


9. The Hunger Games
Another film based on a book that I haven't read. Of course 'The Hunger Games' by  Suzanne Collins has been a huge success and it isn't all that surprising that a film adaptation is being made, and I am thankful for that. It is a book I have been meaning to read but for whatever reason I just haven't picked up, so a movie is surely the next best thing. The plot is set in a changed world where the evil important people pick two teenagers from different districts and pit them against one another in a battle royale. Actually this sounds exactly like the Japanese film 'Battle Royale'....strange. But I'm sure there is much more to it than that confusing but awesome bit of Japanese awesome.

Release: March 23


8. Snow White and the Huntsman
There are a lot of dark fairy tale movies in the works at the moment but I am looking forward to this one the most. We all know the story of Snow White but of course this takes a slightly different spin on the tale. Instead of the Huntsman taking an animal heart back the queen and leaving little Snow White with some strange mining Dwarves, the Huntsman decides to teach the innocent little girl about war and starts a rebellion with the help of what I am hoping are some strange blood thirsty Dwarves. The film stars Kristen Stewert, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth, could be an interesting cast, though is anyone else picturing Thor teaching a pregnant girl how to kill her mother?

Release: June 1


7. Men in Black 3
I really wasn't sure about this film. The plot is that Agent J (Will Smith) travels back in time to the 60's to help a young Agent K (Josh Brolin) from an alien that has taken a strange interest in him and threatens the existence of all human kind. So expect a lot of wise cracks from Smith about how useless the 60s are. But after watching the trailer I am actually looking forward to it, I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

Release: May 25

I couldn't find a trailer for this movie, but there are plenty of places where you can watch the original in its entirety -
Go Go Gadget search engine!
6. Frankenweenie
I am a long time Tim Burton fan and am very excited about this. For those of you who don't know, Frankenweenie was a short featurette made by Burton way back in 1984 that actually got him fired from Disney and it is now being remade as a full length film. It is a parody of the classic film Frankenstein. After a boy's (Frankenstein) dog is killed, the boy somehow figures out how to bring the dog (Sparky) back to life. Once the dog is discovered the residents of the town decide, for some reason, to start creating their own 
monsters.

Release: October 5

No comments:

Post a Comment